Ain’t No Party Like A Community Paint Party…
No matter what city we visit, Urban Air Market is all about supporting the local creative community. For the third year in the row, we’re proudly partnering with ArtSpan for our Hayes Valley Fall show. Meet local artists, make hands-on art projects, and learn about the San Francisco visual arts community!
ArtSpan is a nonprofit organization dedicated to connecting the public to visual arts in San Francisco. Through SF Open Studios, the oldest and largest open studios program in the country, ArtSpan creates a space for artists to thrive by providing local exhibits, youth and adult education, and other art-centric events.
One of those events includes their community mural project! This Sunday 9/17 at Urban Air Market: Hayes Valley, shoppers will get a chance to paint a mini-canvas that will become part of larger mural, inspired by the work of a local artist.
When the mural is complete, participants are welcome to free-paint until the end of the market. Come ready to paint and be creative!
Details of last year’s mural!
Don’t forget to RSVP on Eventbrite and invite your friends:
Next month, ArtSpan is kicking off their open studio event over 5 weekends! Starting on October 14th in Hunter’s Point and ending on November 12th in the Mission, Noe Valley, Castro, and Upper Market, over 800 artists are expected to participate. They’ve even redrawn their map to make it easier for visitors to see more studios throughout San Francisco.
Schedule of weekends by area of the city below:
- Weekend 1, October 14-15: Hunter’s Point
- Weekend 2, October 21-22: West Side: Presidio, Richmond, Sunset, West Portal Ocean View
- Weekend 3, October 28-29: South/East: Dogpatch, Potrero Hill, Bayview, Bernal Heights, Portola, Excelsior, Balboa Park, Visitacion Valley, Outer Mission, Diamond Heights, and Glen Park
- Weekend 4, November 4-5: Fort Mason, Marina, Russian Hill, North Beach, Pacific Heights, Western Addition, Downtown Tenderloin, MIDMA, SOMA, Hayes Valley, NOPA, Upper & Lower Haight, Buena Vista, and Cole Valley
- Weekend 5, November 11-12: Mission, Noe Valley, Castro, and Upper Market