Hayes Valley Spring Show: DIY workshops
It’s almost time for the Hayes Valley Spring show on May 6th! We’ve got over 150+ vendors lined up bringing you the best in handmade apparel, accessories, home goods, and beauty products.
But there’s so much more than just amazing shopping. This year, we’ve got some incredible DIY stations for all those artists, crafters, or anyone who wants to get their creative game on! Check them out below:
DIY AIR PLANT TERRARIUM with Fractal Flora
- Create a beautiful custom air plant terrarium at Urban Air Market booth # C6
- We will provide terrariums, sand, gravel, moss and air plants
- All you have to bring is yourself and your creativity
- This DIY is great for anyone big and small and starts at only $14!
MAKE YOUR OWN BANDANNA with Modern Shibori
- Participants will get a choice of doggie or personal bandana to dye and an indigo + Shibori lesson
- $10 each for 6-10 participants at a time
- Workshop offered at booth #J1 from 11am-12pm and again from 3pm-4pm
LIVE PORTRAIT by Harumo Sato
- Visit Urban Air Market booth #E8 and be the subject of a live portrait painting session with visual artist/illustrator Harumo Sato
- Participants can either a) sit and model at the booth while she draws or b) provide a reference photo, walk around & enjoy the festival then come back to see the final result!
- Price range is $35-$45 commission depending on the order. Stop by the booth & ask for more details
- Come into Gather at 541 Octavia St. and work with Chelsea Hiatt Farley of Cuppa Fog as she teaches you how to transfer images onto glass
- Learn about glass preparation, image transfer application, removal of paper, finishing techniques, sealant method, and how to apply hardware onto the back of your new art
- Workshop includes:
- Four square (4 in x 4 in) glass transfers
- Vintage-themed San Francisco photos or your own images
- All art materials & finishing hardware
- Two-hour class also includes wine and snacks and a discount on merchandise in the store that night
- No experience needed- all levels welcome! Register & find out more here