Marketing / Communications Intern 2020
Partnerships Intern 2020
Intern positions are part time, 15-20 hours per week and last 6 months, from March 15 through September 15.
This is a wonderful opportunity for energetic, confident individuals who are seeking an entry-level position in a marketing or event production company. Urban Air Market interns gain a wealth of experience.
We prefer candidates with a Bachelors degree or who are in progress obtaining their degree. Experience in a related field is preferred, with the ideal candidate having experience in the events/design/retail industries.
This is a flexible part-time work-from-home position that requires self-starter initiative, minimal supervision, and strong work ethics. There will be scheduled weekly team meetings either in person or via video chat.
We’re looking for interns who have:
- A love for design/fashion/sustainability. Be well versed in various components of the pop-up shopping event business including working knowledge of appropriate media and their target audiences
- Excellent organizational skills with near-maniacal attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, ability to deal with strong personalities while maintaining high degree of professionalism
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Positive, cheerful, team-oriented attitude
Bonus points if you have a car, driver’s license, and insurance.
Marketing & Communications Intern Responsibilities:
- Laser targeting our message via social media to connect with our audience
- Creating engaging social media campaigns and ads and tracking engagment
- You make instagram stories that should be nominated for an Oscar
- Copywriting: press releases, blog articles, and email newsletters
- Updating website with articles, featured vendors, and special offers
- Leveraging vendor community for event promotion assistance
- Experience with photography, video, and graphic design a plus
- Day of event (info booth) support
Partnerships Intern Responsibilities:
- Attend networking events to connect with potential event partners/sponsors
- Identify potential partners/sponsors from online research ·
- Update sponsor organizations and contacts in our CRM database
- Update and send sponsor deck and personalized emails to potential partners/sponsors
- Follow up with in person meeting and phone calls as needed ·
- Contract management, including benefits follow through ·
- Acting as day-of-events ambassador for event partners/sponsors, including working at the Urban Air Market info booth at local shows