Spring Wellness Pop-up
Spring is a time for renewal. Just as the nature around us, it’s a season that makes us feel like blooming and starting anew. While many of us are making the time to organize and clean our spaces, we also need to remember our most important space: our bodies.
In addition to shopping for sustainable locally made goods, refresh your body and mind at Urban Air Market next weekend with a Wellness pop-up in Patricia’s Green that includes:
- Aromatherapy with Organic Devotion
- Massage with KneadNetwork
- Yoga with Yoga Tree
Chiropractic with Life ChiropracticHere are some great Yogic tips from Yoga Tree to keep you feeling refreshed this Spring:
1. Always listen to your body and breath. Only you know how the poses feel. The breath can give you clues about when to go deeper into a pose and when to modify.
2. Don’t over do it. Rest and modify when you need to. When in doubt ask your teacher if you are unsure about doing a pose.
3. Every day is a new day on the mat. Don’t expect things to go the same way they did last time.
4. Alignment is important but so is your own rhythm. Try to strike a good balance between doing the poses and experiencing the flow within them. This gets easier with practice.
5. Have fun! Yoga is about being present and exploring your body and mind. Enjoy the ride and notice the things that show up on your mat. Be patient with yourself and remain open to learning.Yoga Tree will be offering two FREE yoga classes in the park. Join Marissa Nasca at 12:30pm or Ishwari Jay at 2pm. Bring your own mat. All levels welcome!
Marissa Nasca has a background in dance and has been practicing yoga for many years. She has studied several styles of yoga including Vinyasa and Anusara yoga. She completed her 200 hour teacher training in 2008 and has continued her studies with several notable teachers including Sianna Sherman and Katchie Ananda. Marissa also works closely with the Art of Yoga Project and deeply believes in seva.
Marissa has found much healing through her own yoga practice and enjoys helping others connect with their body and mind. Anatomy, philosophy, and heart felt enthusiasm are at the core of her classes. Marissa’s light spirit provides a playful atmosphere for her students to build confidence and expand.
Ishwari Jay is a yogini, entrepreneur, “lightworker” and healthy lifestyle advocate. She began her meditation journey at six, and began teaching yoga amd meditation in 1998. Ishwari’s classes and workshops playfully invite her students to discover their fullest potential and expand their awareness of reality. Her deep knowledge of the yogic scriptures and biomechanical physical principles of alignment blended with her heart centered themes and great humor are weaved throughout the sessions, taking the students to a powerful transformational journey.
Ishwari is the author of her self published book, The Power of Breath, the co-author of the national bestselling book, Initiative and the creator of the Amazon best-selling yoga DVD “Heart Flow Yoga.”